Sunday 19 April 2015

Processing the Process through Denial

A proper diagnoses is so important with any disease. I had no idea what I was dealing with when my husband was diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia, however at least I had a label that I could do some research on. Understanding the disease helped ease tensions. We were able to sit down together as a family and discuss and come to some understanding of what was happening. The website www.LBD.org became my lifeline.

Acceptance doe not mean running away from the struggle; it means accepting it as it comes with all the handicaps, suffering, complexities of life and its injustice.

These excerpts are taken from my book "When Troubles Fall Like Lemon Drops" which will be published shortly.

Next we will talk about the Guilt and Commitment that followed me after the Acceptance.

No comments:

Post a Comment